Egg free mayo is one of the simplest recipes you can make. Some people do not eat eggs and some for medical reasons can not eat raw eggs. The egg is replaced with Aquafaba is the liquid used to cook chickpeas. I used the liquid for chickpeas that I cooked but the stuff from the can also works. This recipe requires only five minutes and less than one minute to blend together.
To a tall container add aquafaba, neutral flavored oil, salt, dijon mustard and lemon juice and blend. it really is that easy.
Please note the nutrition label is going to be slightly off for this recipe. It does not contain info for the Aquafaba. It will add about one calorie per serving and salt will very with how much you used to cook your chickpeas.
You can find the info here: http://aquafaba.com/nutrition.html
- 3/4 cup oil Your favorite neutral flavored oil
- 1/4 cup Aquafaba Liquid from cooking chickpeas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice Or vinegar
- Add all ingredients into a tall container
- Use an immersion blender and blend until everything comes together.
- Place into the refrigerator for 1 hour.