- 4 each green tomatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cut green tomatoes into 1/2 inch rounds and cut the rounds in 4 equal size pieces.
- Seasoning if fairly basic. 1/4 Cup Flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic and 1/4 teaspoon onion powder. This all gets mixed up with the cutup tomatoes.
- Add the seasoned / floured tomatoes to a wide flat bottom pan with 1/3 cup of oil (I used olive oil) heated to medium. After adding the tomatoes to the pan cover and cook on medium flame for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes stir them and return the lid. Do this three times, total covered cooking time is 15 minutes.
- Next remove the lid and turn up to high. Continue cooking on high and stir every 3 to 5 minutes until you get some nice brown spots on the tomatoes. Strain as much of the oil as possible and enjoy.