At our house we often add Korean flavors to American recipes, this Bulgogi burger is a prime example. The key to this great tasting Bulgogi Burger is to marinate the lean ground beef with a simple bulgogi sauce /marinade.
For the bulgogi ground beef:
1 pound of lean ground beef I used 93% lean to 7% fat ground beef.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon of raw sugar
1 teaspoon of roasted sesame oil
3 chopped green onions
1 Tablespoon freshly chopped garlic
All of this gets mixed and formed into patties.
Cook the patties on medium to desired temp.
To the griddle add 1/4 cup sliced onion
1/2 cup chopped kimchi
Mix and cook.
To make the burgers you can do protein style or put them in a bun.
Use lettuce, gochujang ketchup, the cooked kimchi and your burger patties.
I prefer them wrapped in lettuce since that is more like eating bulgogi.
- 1 pound ground beef lean
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon raw sugar or brown
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil roasted
- 3 each green onions chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup onion sliced
- 1/2 cup kimchi cut
- First marinate the ground beef: 1 pound of lean ground beef 1/4 cup soy sauce 1 Tablespoon of raw sugar 1 teaspoon of roasted sesame oil 3 chopped green onions 1 Tablespoon freshly chopped garlic All of this gets mixed and formed into patties.
- To the griddle add the patties, onion and kimchi
- After everything is cooked build the burger on a bun or lettuce its up to you. Build using lettuce, gochujang ketchup, the cooked kimchi and your burger patties.
Oh yum! Bulgogi burger. That is such a great idea! And healthy too since you’re using lean beef and lettuce to wrap. I’ll try this for our next barbecue session. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe is a big hit here and we prefer it with the lean beef. So healthy and delicious.