If you’re looking for an easy low-carb comfort dish that is easy to make, this is the recipe for you. It is also perfect for your non-keto friends.
This post may contain affiliate links that generate commissions, these commissions help to cover the cost of operating the site.
Mushrooms: You can leave them out but they release moisture to help keep the chicken moist during cooking.
Chicken: Today I used boneless and skinless breasts but boneless thighs work great.
Ranch Seasoning: I used premade out of a packet (not the cleanest of ingredients) but homemade works great.
Cream cheese: This is what helps to make a creamy sauce.
Cheddar cheese: I used sharp cheddar but use one that you like. Shredding your own will lower the carb count.
Bacon: For the bacon, I used one free of nitrates and sugar.
Pasta: Not required but I wanted to serve mine over pasta. For the pasta, I used a low-carb pasta called Solved. It’s pretty good and has about half the carbs of regular pasta.
I put the mushrooms on the bottom, layer on the chicken breast, and ranch seasoning. Then top with cream cheese, cover, and cook until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165F.
Mine took 2 hours and 45 minutes. Time will vary depending on your cooker and the temperature of the chicken when you put it in.
Can you cook frozen chicken in the crockpot?
No, you should completely thaw the chicken before cooking it in a slow cooker. This will minimize the time that the chicken is in the danger zone.
After the chicken is fully cooked shred it using two forks or a hand mixer. If you use a hand mixer be careful of hot splashing liquid.
After shredding the chicken add the cheddar cheese, and cooked bacon. Cover and cook for another 30 minutes to melt the cheese.
Your dish is now ready to serve.
- 2 oz mushrooms
- 5 pounds chicken breast
- 2 packages ranch seasoning
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz bacon
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- To your crockpot add 2 oz of chopped mushrooms, 5 pounds of chicken breast, 2 packages of ranch seasoning, and 16 oz of cream cheese.2 oz mushrooms, 5 pounds chicken breast, 2 packages ranch seasoning, 16 oz cream cheese
- Cover with a lid and cook on high until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- While the chicken is cooking chop up the bacon and cook until crispy. Drain off excess oil and set aside.8 oz bacon
- After the chicken is fully cooked shred it up, top it with 3 cups of cheddar cheese, and the cooked and crispy bacon.3 cups cheddar cheese, 8 oz bacon
- Cover with a lid and cook another 30 minutes to melt the cheese.
Just made this today. I decided not to add the bacon and cheese as i was worried about how many fat grams it would end up with. The chicken mixture without those two things is really good. Next time I will probably add either one or both of the ingredients i left out. Delicious!
I am glad that you liked the recipe.