Have you ever made a sauce that was so good it would make an old work boot taste good? Well a few years back I did a collaboration with Diana of Sweet y Salado for Colombian style hot dogs. One of the things in the recipe was a cilantro sauce. This stuff was so good that it was life changing.Recently I decided to try and make it vegan. I think it is really good but would love to hear what you think about it.
JamesStrange.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. In simple terms, this means that if you click and buy something, we are paid a fee. This fee is used to help recover some of the costs of running the site.
This batch of sauce was made for serving with my Vegan cauliflower fish tacos but can be served with almost anything including old work boots.
One note when making it it will be on the thin side but in the fridge it gets nice and thick.
To make the sauce we need to use some aquafaba in this case I am using the liquid from canned chickpeas. I know I should cook my own but I was being lazy. Anyway just pour off the liquid from a can of chickpeas. Measure a quarter cup of aquafaba, three quarters cup neutral flavored oil, two tablespoon of freshly squeezed lime juice, one teaspoon dijon mustard, one half teaspoon sea salt, one eighth teaspoon ground cumin.
Blend with a stick blender to create an emulsion, when everything starts to come together add one clove of garlic that has been chopped up and one teaspoon to one half Tablespoon chopped cilantro. How much depends upon how much you like cilantro. Then blend some more. Place into the refrigerator overnight.
It is now ready to serve.
- 1/4 cup Aquafaba I used from canned chickpeas
- 3/4 cup oil neutral flavored
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- To a tall vessel add, aquafaba, oil, lime juice, dijon mustard, sea salt and ground cumin. Blend with a stick blender to create an emulsion
- When everything starts to come together add one clove of garlic that has been chopped up and chopped cilantro. Then blend some more. Place into the refrigerator overnight.