I am a sucker for fried okra. Growing up in the South, we fry everything, and for a good reason. Suppose it’s fried it’s good. But fried okra is not the healthiest dish. The great thing is okra is great cooked other ways. Except boiled, I can not eat that.
I bought one pound of freshly cut okra at the the framers market.
Preheat your oven to 400F. Wash the okra and cut into rounds. I usually do two at a time.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Spread your okra out. Season with salt, garlic powder, black pepper. Add some olive oil and toss. Evenly spread out the okra and place it into the oven.
Cook until you see brown spots starting to form. This should take around thirty minutes. You will notice that the okra shrinks a lot.
- 1 pound okra
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Wash the okra and let it dry
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Cut into rounds
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the rounds on the sheet pan. Add the seasoning salt, black pepper, garlic and olive oil. Toss to distribute everything.
- Evenly spread the okra out and place into the pre heated oven
- Cook for 30 minutes or until brown spots start to form